Saturday, April 28, 2012

A whole lot of my favorite things

After coming home from the Rossini Festival (which was fabulous by the way) and preparing tonight's dinner, I realized that every single ingredient is on my "favorites" list.

Spinach with pickled beets and fresh strawberries served with a balsamic vinaigrette.



Capellini pasta with pesto and fresh spring peas served with grilled shrimp.



The pasta is what I brought home after we had dinner with friends Cynthia Moxley and Alan Carmichael at the  Bistro at the Bijou last night. Deducting what I ate last night still left us with two generous servings for tonight--with the shrimp added because I noticed that the Market at Union and Gay now has Gulf shrimp for 10.99 a pound.

A perfect spring supper. That's what we're having.

2 comments:

  1. You said you were going to try those shrimp. Glad you liked them. Nice addition to downtown shopping options. Fun having dinner with you guys after watching the prade Friday. Love downtown living! Liked living in Sequoyah Hills, too, but not near as much spontaneous fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat a lot of shrimp, so I was glad to discover good ones so close to home. Hah-- we also love the spontaneity of living downtown and so close to the things and people we like.

    ReplyDelete