Friday, February 24, 2012

One of Downtown's Best Lunch Deals

My friend and fellow food writer/blogger Rose Kennedy is a big fan of the daily lunch special at Dazzo's, the pizzeria purchased last year by Martha Boggs, owner of one of my favorite restaurants, The Bistro at the Bijou. Having just come from meeting Rose there for lunch, I can see why she's a fan.

For lunch today, I followed Rose's lead and ordered the slice, side salad, and drink special for $5.95.

Here's the salad with a little blue cheese dressing. As foodies we weren't crazy about the iceberg lettuce, but, as I pointed out, "It's crisp." For some reason, Rose thought that was funny and wrote it down. That's the kind of thing writers do.



The Grandmaw's Pizza is simple and delicious, and according to this note from Martha on the menu: "the reason I bought this place."


Rose wouldn't let me take her photo, so I took one of our drinks instead. If you're thirsty, this is the place to go. These are humongous cups.


A tasty, inexpensive meal while we dish about food. That's what we're having.

No comments:

Post a Comment